Scroll over map to see the names of the DOCGs
● Location: Center, landlocked
● 13.000 hectares of vineyards
● Number of DOCG wines: 2 / DOC wines: 13
● Most characteristic native grapes:
Grecchetto di Todi (white)
Trebbiano Spoletino (white)
Umbria has unfortunately been in the shadow of Tuscany, but in recent years more attention has been drawn especially to its native grapes, and in particular for the potent Sagrantino.
● Fun facts:
Sagrantino is a very tannic grape and in the past was only a sweet wine, the dry version is a recent development for the modern wine drinker.
● Montefalco Sagrantino (Sagrantino)
● Torgiano Rosso Riserva (Sangiovese)