Scroll over map to see the names of the DOCGs
Vermentino di Gallura
● Location: Island, west of boot
● 26.200 hectares of vineyards
● Number of DOCG wines: 1 / DOC wines: 17
● Most characteristic native grapes:
Sardegna is like a small continent with a lot of different microclimates and soils. In the past the island was renowned for sweet and fortified wines, today it's the dry reds and whites that are in focus.
● Fun facts:
Sardegna is home to two distinctive yet rare wines: Vernaccia di Oristano and Malvasia di Bosa, which you should seek out and try!
● Vermentino di Gallura (Vermentino)