Scroll over map to see the names of the DOCGs
Colli Orientali del Friuli Picolit
● Location: Northeastern corner
● 23.000 hectares of vineyards
● Number of DOCG wines: 4 / DOC wines: 12
● Most characteristic native grapes:
Ribolla gialla (white)
Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso (red)
Due to its cooler position within the peninsula, the some of its most famous wines are whites.
● Fun facts:
Where Tuscany is famous for Super Tuscans that are generally reds, Friuli is known for its Super Whites such as "Vintage Tunina" of big structure.
The Orange Wine trend in Italy started in Friuli with Gravner and Radikon (skin contact, amphorae vessels).
● Colli Orientali del Friuli Picolit (Picolit)
● Lison (Tai / Friulano)
● Ramandolo (Verduzzo)
● Rosazzo (Friulano)