Scroll over map to see the names of the DOCGs
Colli Bolognesi Pignoletto
● Location: North of center east coast
● 51.000 hectares of vineyards
● Number of DOCG wines: 2 / DOC wines: 19
● Most characteristic native grapes:
Due to the landscape being flat and fertile, the focus was mainly on quantity. Yet this is home to the Lambruschi grapes some of which nowadays are turned into incredibly delicious sparkling dry wines.
● Fun Facts:
Pagadebit (meaning to pay your debts) is a funny grape from Romagna that got its name from its resisting nature to bad weather and was a guarantee for the farmer when all other grapes would perish.
● Aglianico del Taburno
● Fiano di Avellino
● Greco di Tufo
● Colli Bolognesi Classico Pignoletto (Pignoletto)
● Romagna Albana (Albana)