Scroll over map to see the names of the DOCGs
● Location: South of center, West coast
● 24.000 hectares of vineyards
● Number of DOCG wines: 4 / DOC wines: 15
● Most characteristic native grapes:
Campania is for the big part characterised by the presence of its infamous vulcano. The volcanic soils and hills of high attitudes give origin to interesting whites and reds.
● Fun facts:
Campania has a grape called Piedirosso meaning "red foot" referring to its stem turning red when close to ripeness. And another fun one is Code di Volpe Bianca, a white grape which looks like a fox's tail hence the name "white foxtail".
● Aglianico del Taburno (Aglianico)
● Fiano di Avellino (Fiano)
● Greco di Tufo (Greco)
● Taurasi (Aglianico)