Scroll over map to see the names of the DOCGs
Aglianico di Vulture Superiore
● Location: South, midsole of boot
● 4.000 hectares of vineyards
● Number of DOCG wines: 1 / DOC wines: 4
● Most characteristic native grapes:
Even though being one of the smallest viticultural regions of Italy, Basilicata grows one of its most excellent grapes, the Aglianico. In Vulture the grape does particularly well due to the volcanic terroir.
● Fun facts:
Most of Basilicata's wines are red and the second most important grape after Aglianico is Sangiovese!
● Aglianico del Vulture Superiore (Aglianico)